What Are Hormones?
Hormones are basically messengers in the body that are created by the endocrine glands.
What Do Hormones Do?
Hormones control almost all major bodily fluid.
They control the reproduction system, emotions and mood.
Also they control your hunger. That is why hormones are a big factor in your weight loss journey.
What Glands Affect The Weight Loss?
There are many of them that do, let’s list a few of the major ones.
- Hypothalamus is responsible for hunger.
- Pancreas which helps control blood sugar
- Thyroid which produces hormones that are associated with calorie burning.
Do Hormones Change With Age?
Hormones don’t change but the glands that produce them do.
With age glands can produce more or less hormones and this is what actually affects your weight loss.
Is There An Easy Way To Make Them Work Better?
It’s not easy but it is possible.
How To Lose Weight & Reset Your Hormones
Getting Tests Done Right
You need to seek professional help in some cases, and you need to ask your doctor to check your thyroid stimulating hormone.
The Right Nutrition
There are compounds called goitrogens, these are bad for you. Why?
Well they are blocking your thyroid.
What does contain these compound?
- Raw Kale.
Full list can be found here.
What foods are recommended?
Low-mercury fish and seaweed is great for thyroid hormones.
The Right Supplements
Multivitamins are very important.
Check out Nature’sWonder complete multivitamin pack.
Also Fish Oil is also very important.
Dr.Tobias has a great product that is very popular.
Do not forget about vitamin D, also crucial for thyroid.
NatureWise has a great supplement for that.
Stress and depression are huge factor in the hormone imbalance.
We are all susceptible to the real world and this is a fact.
But most stress is just in our head.
We worry about things that we should actually shouldn’t.
Learning do differentiate what is actually important and not is a huge factor.
Think about this this way.
If I stress myself out will it actually benefit me?
Will it fix the problem?
Will the solution come faster?
In stressful situations we are actually blocking our mind from solutions.
- Don’t believe every bad thought that comes through your head, because most likely it’s just stupid thought.
- Try relaxing more. You need to relax. Not just by not doing anything but by actually doing something that will clear your mind and remove the bad mood. Yoga is a great way to start. Here is a great article on how you could start doing yoga, there is a huge benefit.
- Don’t be a robot, learn to be more social, talk more to people around you, express your feelings. You don’t need to throw it all there, but little by little you should express yourself more.
There are many factors that will create a hormonal imbalance.
It might require you to work with a Functional Medicine Practitioner, but for most people the above information is enough to get you on the right track.
Good nutrition and less stress will do huge improvements for your hormonal balance.